LafargeHolcim Tanzania offers a range of cement products under the Tembo brand. The logo of the elephant is well-recognised in Tanzania and the brand has five different types of cement, all of which proudly build Tanzania.
LafargeHolcim Tanzania has been supplying the country and neighbouring countries with our world-class Tembo brand of cement for over 30 years. Our head office and fully-integrated plant are located in the Mbeya region in Southwest Tanzania.
Tembo cement products are versatile with low carbon dioxide outputs. They are strong and cost-effective which brings more benefits to the customer. These types of cement each have their own unique qualities and applications. Here is an outline of LafargeHolcim Tanzania’s Tembo cement products:
- Tembo (32.5N) – Tembo is an all-purpose product. This cement can be used for all general purpose cement jobs. Tembo is suitable for mass concrete applications in low- to medium-concrete classes.
- TemboFundi (MC 22.5X) – This is a specialty masonry cement product that is suitable for creating a variety of mortars, plasters and screeds. TemboFundi can also be used for soil stabilisation in road construction and mud brick manufacturing.
- FastaPlus (32.5R) – This cement has an innovative formula that gives concrete early strength characteristics soon after pouring. Like Tembo, this cement is economical. It can be used for all general cement applications and low- to medium-concrete classes.
- PowerPlus (42.5N) – This cement is ideal for heavy-duty applications such as suspended concrete slabs, industrial floors, reinforced concrete columns and beams. PowerPlus is also suitable for water-retaining structures such as reservoirs and dams.
- SupaSet (42.5N) – This brand is suitable for all general cement applications but it is most suitable for precast concrete products such as culverts, kerbs, interlocking blocks and pavers. SupaSet is can also be used for concrete water-retaining structures and for applications in medium- to high-concrete classes.
To read this article in Swahili click here.
LafargeHolcim is a leading building materials and solutions company that has been operating in international markets for decades. We produce cement and aggregates for construction projects, ranging from small affordable housing developments to large-scale infrastructure projects such as high-rise buildings, dams and bridges.
At LafargeHolcim Tanzania, we believe customers come first. We listen to your specific requirements to supply and develop the best solutions for your needs. As the leader in building materials, you can also rely on our cutting-edge research and development capabilities that have resulted in the finest materials for your construction projects, whether large or small.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest for the best tips on construction, handy DIY projects and the latest industry news. See our Instagram channel for more insights into our work with local communities.